Sarah Maybury is our most recent scholarship recipient. She is in her first year at the United World College in Costa Rica.
Here are her thoughts of her first few weeks at UWC!
It's great so far, although living alone and being completely independent is really different for me so was a little strange at first. But other than that it has been amazing. The classes are a challenge so far but I've been told that they get better and while being hard, I'm still finding them really interesting. I live in El Coco residence and I have really great roommates and the atmosphere in the residence is really nice. The greatest thing I think about this school is learning so many things about countries and different cultures that I never knew before. Its so cool, after dinner people make dishes and deserts from their countries. I haven't done that much so far, but I did go to camp up in the mountains and if it wasn't for my injured ankle I would go to another camp which is supposed to be so much fun. We've done a lot of activities like opposite gender day and central american week and there's so much more to come which I can't wait for. The options for CAS are so cool, like for example I'm doing clowning for my service option where we dress up as clowns and go to hospitals and cheer up sick children, something I definitely would not have been able to do back in Bermuda.
Here are her thoughts of her first few weeks at UWC!
It's great so far, although living alone and being completely independent is really different for me so was a little strange at first. But other than that it has been amazing. The classes are a challenge so far but I've been told that they get better and while being hard, I'm still finding them really interesting. I live in El Coco residence and I have really great roommates and the atmosphere in the residence is really nice. The greatest thing I think about this school is learning so many things about countries and different cultures that I never knew before. Its so cool, after dinner people make dishes and deserts from their countries. I haven't done that much so far, but I did go to camp up in the mountains and if it wasn't for my injured ankle I would go to another camp which is supposed to be so much fun. We've done a lot of activities like opposite gender day and central american week and there's so much more to come which I can't wait for. The options for CAS are so cool, like for example I'm doing clowning for my service option where we dress up as clowns and go to hospitals and cheer up sick children, something I definitely would not have been able to do back in Bermuda.
No comments:
Post a Comment